This week’s testimonial comes from the best bro-merang in the business – yes none other than Shea Newkirk, aka The ‘Stache!
The ‘Stache is a designer, coder, musician, gamer, father, blogger and entrepreneur and an avid supporter of Bitcoin since (November?) 2014.
Since then, Shea’s built up an impressive social media following thanks to the quality information he’s sharing with the crypto-community.
And of course, that magnificent lip-toupee!
Cryptostache Reviews The CoolWallet S (picture provided by Shea Newkirk)
His reviews on Bitcoin and crypto wallet security are always on point, practical and objective. Without further ado, here follows ‘Stach’s user review of the CoolWallet S.
CoolWallet S Unboxing & Review – by CryptoStache
(Please note that this unbiased user testimonial has not been paid for, but we did provide a complimentary CoolWallet S for review purposes and added images)
Here’s a link to the official video:
What is the CoolWallet S?
“The CoolWallet S is a super convenient hardware wallet the size and shape of a standard credit card.
It comes with some really great features, including:
- pairing to an app on your phone through AES encrypted bluetooth,
- easy setup
- support for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bcash, ERC-20 tokens and more.
Packaging and Product
- First off, I love the packaging. It was secure, yet fairly easy to open. I enjoyed reading the quote from their CEO as well and thought that was a nice touch.
- The wallet itself could easily be mistaken for a credit card as it is the same shape, size, and thickness.
- I honestly can’t believe they fit in a screen and a button on this super thin wallet!
- I am a big fan of wallets like this that pair with your phone through an encrypted bluetooth connection so you don’t have a clunky interface to deal with.
The Coolwallet S app is easy on the eyes and straightforward so you can navigate and make transactions with ease.
(Editor’s note:Please download the official CoolBitX app on the iOS or Android stores)
I thought it was great that they include Changelly inside the actual wallet app, so you can easily swap between different cryptocurrencies without having to remove your assets from cold storage. Super win!
In comparison to other popular wallets, the Coolwallet S does not store as many cryptocurrencies, but the ones it does allow you to store (Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, ERC20 Tokens, Litecoin, ZEN, and XRP) does the job beautifully well.
Verdict: How good’s the CoolWallet S?
I have tested some of the top hardware wallets out there and the Coolwallet S is easily one of my favorites.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use cold storage hardware wallet solution that is easy to take on the go, then the Coolwallet S is your best option right now.”
Thanks for your review CryptoStache!